Books and Ebooks
- Entry form
- We accept books and ebooks.
- We accept entry fees in different currencies. To select your currency you will need to go to the payment page. However, to give some idea of cost in the UK it is £44 or $70 USD. Please check here for other currencies.
- There is no publication date restriction.
- We accept fiction (all genres), young adult, children’s, biographies, non-fiction, self-help, cookery, poetry, photography etc. There are no limits on the type.
- We have a panel of carefully selected expert readers. When we receive your book we pair up the category of your book with our reader's specialist interest.
- Our readers observe a strict criteria when reading each book. They are given Book Score Sheets to complete for every book received. In general terms, the most important aspects for you to keep in mind are: whether a book is well written (including structure and style), and whether a book is well presented (cover, pictures (if relevant) and layout).
- We aim to announce in July of each year.
- The award money will be paid in sterling via a cheque or PayPal.*
- Email confirmation will be sent. This is not automated but sent once we have received everything we need to register your book.
- Please see our FAQ for any other queries you may have.
Books and Ebooks
- As of the 2018 award we would like you to send both versions of your book if you have the two are available. This isn't compulsory but would help us. When doing this you MUST make it clear that both versions have been sent to us on the entry form.
- You should send one copy of each book.
- Entries should be postmarked no later than the 31st March. If you think your book will be delayed in the post please contact us. Any entries received after the closing date will automatically be put into the next competition.
- We are happy to receive ebooks if no print version is available or if there is a problem receiving your print version.
- Ebooks should be uploaded to us from the entry form in any of the following formats: Word, PDF, Mobi. If your ebook is in a different format please use Calibre to convert the file.
- Please be aware that books with lots of images will be large files and it may be better to send a hard copy version.
- Your cover should be included in the file and not added as a separate file.
- We cannot accept ebooks that are sent as a gift to download from Amazon. This is because the gift goes to just one person. Because of the judging process the ebook may need to be read by multiple people.
- We will not accept invitations to download files from websites.
There is an entry fee. See why we charge an entry fee.
As we are an international award organisation we do accept entry fees in a variety of currencies. If your currency is not listed you may prefer to select one that is listed and allow PayPal to convert your currency for you. Alternatively contact us requesting the currency you would like added.
It costs £37 to enter or $60 USD (click pay online to see a further list of alternative currencies). We do accept cheques in pound sterling only. Please DO NOT staple cheques. They should be made out to the Rubery Book Award.
Click here to pay online
We no longer accept cheques.
Please fill out and submit the entry form online. In the interests of the environment you do not need to post an entry form with your book. You also do not need to include a letter or any other information so long as your payment is made in your name.
Please note that submissions should be sent via your country's usual postal service and not a courier service. For example, in the UK this should be Royal Mail; in the USA this would be the American Postal Service. If this is a problem please email us.
We would appreciate if you also do not use a signed for service, this can significantly delay things. You will receive email confirmation once we have received your entry.
Send your entry to:
The Rubery Book Award
PO Box 15821
Multiple submissions from publishers or entrants entering more than one book can use the standard form and list all your titles and/or authors on the title section if you are able to.
Be sure to check our Entry Checklist