- We accept books and ebooks.
- We accept entry fees in different currencies. To select your currency you will need to go to the payment page. However, to give some idea of cost in the UK it is £36 or $60 USD. Please check here for other currencies.
- There is no publication date restriction.
- We accept fiction (all genres), young adult, children’s, biographies, non-fiction, self-help, cookery, poetry, photography etc. There are no limits on the type.
- We have a panel of carefully selected expert readers. When we receive your book we pair up the category of your book with our reader's specialist interest.
- Our readers observe a strict criteria when reading each book. They are given Book Score Sheets to complete for every book received. In general terms, the most important aspects for you to keep in mind are: whether a book is well written (including structure and style), and whether a book is well presented (cover, pictures (if relevant) and layout).
- We aim to announce in the July of each year.
- The award money will be paid in sterling via a cheque or PayPal.*
- The winning book will be read by a top literary agent at MBA. They are under no obligation to take the winner on as a client but you are guaranteed that they will consider your work. Please also be aware that MBA, like most literary agents, does not represent poetry. A first prize winning poetry volume will still receive the prize money though.
- Please add submissions [at] ruberybookaward [dot] com to your address book to ensure you receive our email confirmation. The confirmation is not automated but sent once we have registered your book.
- Please see our FAQ for any other queries you may have.
Paying by Cheque?
- Only pay by cheque if your bank account is in sterling (no crossed out currency symbols are accepted).
- If you make a mistake and cross it out our bank will not accept this regardless of whether you have initialled it. Please write a new cheque.
- Make all cheques out to Rubery Book Award for £36
- Please DO NOT staple.
Ebooks and Books
- As of the 2018 award we would actually like you to send both versions of your book if you have the two versions available. This isn't compulsory but would help us. When doing this you MUST make it clear that both versions have been sent to us on the entry form.
- You should send one copy of each book, receipt of your payment via PayPal or cheque for £36 per entry. Other currencies must be paid via PayPal. Entries must also be sent with an entry form.
- Entries should be postmarked no later than the 31st March 2018. If you think your book will be delayed in the post please contact us. Any entries received after the closing date will automatically be put into the next competition.
- We are happy to receive ebooks if no print version is available or if there is a problem receiving your print version.
- Ebooks should be uploaded to us in any of the following formats: Word, PDF, Mobi. If your ebook is in a different format please use Calibre to convert the file. Mobi files will need to be emailed to us using submissions at ruberybookaward[dot]com (please replace the "at" and the "dot" accordingly).
- Please be aware that books with lots of images will be large files and it may be better to send a hard copy version.
- Your cover should be included in the file and not added as a separate file.
- Please email us your entry: Copy and paste the entry form into the body of your email and then attach the following: your ebook, your blurb and your PayPal receipt. And then Email us.
- Please also include a blurb as a separate file in the same email for your ebook. Please see FAQ for What is a blurb? if you need further assistance with this.
- We cannot accept ebooks that are sent as a gift to download from Amazon. This is because the gift goes to just one person. Because of the judging process the ebook may need to be read by multiple people.
Click for Entry Checklist
Please either print out the entry form or fill out and submit online. The entry form is here.
Please note that submissions should be sent via your country's usual postal service and not a courier service. For example, in the UK this should be Royal Mail; in the USA this would be the American Postal Service. If this is a problem please email us.
We would appreciate if you also do not use a signed for service. You will receive email confirmation once we have received your entry.
Send your entry to:
The Rubery Book Award
PO Box 15821
Multiple submissions from publishers or entrants entering more than one book can use the standard form and list all your titles and/or authors on the title section.
There is an entry fee. See why we charge an entry fee.
As we are an international award organisation we do accept entry fees in a variety of currencies. If your currency is not listed you may prefer to select one that is listed and allow PayPal to convert your currency for you. Alternatively contact us requesting the currency you would like added.
It costs £36 to enter or $60 USD (click pay online to see a further list of alternative currencies). We do accept cheques in pound sterling only. Please DO NOT staple cheques. They should be made out to the Rubery Book Award.
Click here to pay online